|Organizators:||Latvijas Okupācijas muzeja biedrība|
KGB building in Riga
The Museum of the Occupation of Latvia offers an exhibition and guided tours of the cell block at the former headquarters of the KGB in Latvia observing social distancing measures. The groups vary in size from 3 individuals from separate households to groups of up to 5 from the same household.
Following safety regulations no more than 25 people are allowed in the KGB building at the same time. Please respect the instructions of museum staff and always be responsible for the safety of yourself and others.
Address: Brīvības iela 61, Rīga, Latvia
Open Tuesday through Saturday: 11.00 - 15.00
English guided tours of the cell block: 11.00, 13.00 and 14.00
Please come 10 minutes before the start of the tour
Cost of the guided tour:
Adults: 10.00 EUR
Students: 4.00 EUR
Additional discounts to families available
Visitors with disability: free admission
The tours take place in historically authentic building. It is not accessible for people with walking disabilities.
Not recommended for children under 12
The military forces of the Soviet Union occupied Latvia on 17 June 1940. The building at Brīvības and Stabu became the Latvian headquarters of the KGB. With time, the building gained the nickname “Corner House”. This was the place of interrogation and incarceration of Latvian citizens who the occupying regime considered to be enemies of the state. During Soviet occupation, the KGB initiated 48 000 criminal cases for “anti-Soviet offences”. When Latvia regained its independence, the KGB was declared a criminal organization and abolished in Latvia.